Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Weighing in and life...

What a Monday..funny, how you plan your day and you forget a little factor called LIFE. lol I had time constraints yesteday morning that meant that everything had to go to plan but my Life did not get the memo that I clearly sent out. Anything that COULD go wrong..did. From a late bus that turned into no bus showing up thanks to a sub who did not pick up half the kids on her route. lol I managed to get kid and a school project there in due time. Needed gas but my credit card wouldn't work in the pump so I had to go in and pay it the old fashioned way. Standing in line when one is getting impatient is not a good mix. lol I did make it to WW's with time to spare for meeting new to me people and getting myself in the right frame of mind.

I have decided that one of my new routines will be to go to a meeting NO MATTER WHAT. I have been known to skip my weigh in and wait for a better at home scale day just to avoid disappointment. The last 4 days I have flucuated 2 lbs..who knows why really but I had those old thoughts creep in late Sunday night that I could just change my WI day to a later day of the week. I had so much on my plate early Monday, not to mention my husband had to be at the hospital by 12:30pm for hernia surgery. I had the right excuses right? This is what I do best..talking myself out of doing what needs to be done..until now.

I lost 1.8 lbs...wasn't as big as I told myself but I weigh less than I did two weeks ago when I re-joined by a total of 4.8 lbs. Doing the math, if I can lose 1 lb a week even I will be at my small goal in no time at all. My challenge for December is to lose consistently through New Year's...it can be as small as a couple of ounces I don't care as long as I don't go backwards and gain this month.

The rest of the day went as scheduled, DH was only 15 minutes late registering for his surgery and post op he had really bad nausea which put us getting released at 6:30pm instead of my planned 5pm. lol I was so happy to be home.

My NSV was that I was smart to remember a packed lunch and snack. In my cute lunchbag that looks like a purse I packed a chicken sandwich on whole wheat, 2 mandarin oranges, 2 WW cheesesticks and 27 almonds, a 2ppv bar and Quaker Chocolate rice cakes. It carried me through the whole day along with my two bottles of water. Talk about feeling as if she was in total control. lol Take that, LIFE!

What a Monday..funny, how you plan your day and you forget a little factor called LIFE. lol I had time constraints yesteday morning that meant that everything had to go to plan but my Life did not get the memo that I clearly sent out. Anything that COULD go wrong..did. From a late bus that turned into no bus showing up thanks to a sub who did not pick up half the kids on her route. lol I managed to get kid and a school project there in due time. Needed gas but my credit card wouldn't work in the pump so I had to go in and pay it the old fashioned way. Standing in line when one is getting impatient is not a good mix. lol I did make it to WW's with time to spare for meeting new to me people and getting myself in the right frame of mind. I have decided that one of my new routines will be to go to a meeting NO MATTER WHAT. I have been known to skip my weigh in and wait for a better at home scale day just to avoid disappointment. The last 4 days I have flucuated 2 lbs..who knows why really but I had those old thoughts creep in late Sunday night that I could just change my WI day to a later day of the week. I had so much on my plate early Monday, not to mention my husband had to be at the hospital by 12:30pm for hernia surgery. I had the right excuses right? This is what I do best..talking myself out of doing what needs to be done..until now. I lost 1.8 lbs...wasn't as big as I told myself but I weigh less than I did two weeks ago when I re-joined by a total of 4.8 lbs. Doing the math, if I can lose 1 lb a week even I will be at my small goal in no time at all. My challenge for December is to lose consistently through New Year's...it can be as small as a couple of ounces I don't care as long as I don't go backwards and gain this month. The rest of the day went as scheduled, DH was only 15 minutes late registering for his surgery and post op he had really bad nausea which put us getting released at 6:30pm instead of my planned 5pm. lol I was so happy to be home. My NSV was that I was smart to remember a packed lunch and snack. In my cute lunchbag that looks like a purse I packed a chicken sandwich on whole wheat, 2 mandarin oranges, 2 WW cheesesticks and 27 almonds, a 2ppv bar and Quaker Chocolate rice cakes. It carried me through the whole day along with my two bottles of water. Talk about feeling as if she was in total control. lol Take that, LIFE!

No comments: