Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mid Winter Blahs..again.

Anybody else?

Last week, I really struggled with the funk of winter. I am so DONE with below zero temps, snow..then rain...then snow. Mother Nature must be in some sort of menopause because we have literally gone through three seasons in one week. We even went through them all in one day. Its insane. Your hopes for an early spring are aroused because the sun breaks through the dark clouds and we hit 40...even
50 only to drop to the teens at night and have a wicked snow storm that left me home with kids on a snow day. I don't think I can handle many more 3 day weekends because Mother Nature think that she has a sense of humor. Next weekend the school has deemed it a mid-winter break so they get a 4 day weekend. GAH

I was a bit blue to find out last week that I was up 1.8 lbs. I wasn't surprised, I didn't track that weekend and I was feeling a bit bloated. I didn't feel like blogging either.

But, I kept plugging along striving to eat right, track better and move more. The weekends are the hardest for me because the kids had their snow day Friday and it becomes a very..very..LONG weekend. I had a manic craving for Country Fried Chicken (aka pork) with mashed potatoes and gravy. I did insert a veggie as well. It was delicious and I thought for sure I would pay for it come Monday, especially because Sunday night we had fried chicken and french fries and screw the green veggies.

Here comes my NSV..ready? I showed up to WW's despite knowing that my results weren't going to be stellar. I knew that the only way to get over this hump is to show up. I reminded myself its a journey and each week can't be winners because what would I learn if it was THAT EASY?

Here is the kicker...it wasn't that bad. It wasn't even devastating. In fact, it was pretty effing amazing.

I LOST WEIGHT!!!

Where the hell from I don't know, but I lost the weight that I had gained from the week before. All 1.8 lbs. One more pound and I will have my 10 lb marker.

So, this is my blog post of personal turmoil. Nothing profound to share other than life happens. You can't hide from it when its not going your way and if you stay and face it..you just might be pleasantly surprised and rewarded.

Just keep swimming...

No comments: