Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Here come the holidays!!

I feel like September and October flew by with just a blink, where did the time go? I have been in a survival mode while my husband worked out of state for almost two months, leaving me alone caring for the kids and day to day life. From my last post, many of you know I have had some emotional struggles going on. For the moment, things seem to be better. Perhaps, because my husband came home on Halloween and I don't feel so disconnected and alone with those struggles.

I really tried to be more adventurous in September & October: I joined some friends from my elementary days for a girls night out..fantastic fun and laughter. I also had the opportunity to enjoy a trip with a friend on Mackinac Island where we took in ghost tour, the island was beautiful with fall colors and full of haunted stories. I ended the month was a last minute trip to Cedar Point with my 3 youngest kid for the Halloween-Palooza. My kids rode their first roller coaster, my oldest son decided once was enough for him. lol We enjoyed less adventurous rides, lots of walking and a few haunted house tours.  I learned one thing for sure, this Momma DISLIKES Zombies. lol My kids had a blast and I earned the Cool Mom Award to be pulled out and dusted when I have those less cool moments with them and they are mad at me. lol Here is a link to one of the videos we made as we had to make our way through the locker room of the Zombie High School.

Weight-loss for October was up and down and then up, again. I had a gain to start November off, I think it was a sodium overload so it pushed me back on hitting my 40 lb goal. I now have 3 lbs to lose before my 1 year anniversary on November 26th. I can do it! I decided to give the Simply Filling Technique a try. For those not familiar, its where you still track every BLT (Bite, Lick and Taste) but only the non Power Foods count against you. I did it for two days and the scale didn't budge. Impatient much? ugh So on my third day, I reverted back to the old tracking method and I am hopeful that at the very least, I am back in the groove of tracking.

I got adventurous tonight and tried a new to me recipe from Gina @ Skinny Taste and it was fantastic and super easy to do. It was hit with my kids, which is the true test of whether it will be a repeat in this house. If you love Butternut Squash or perhaps you have some sitting about and you are tired of the old tried and true of roasting them, give this version of a meatless lasagna a try. I promise you won't regret it!

Before I close, I plan to get more active again not only physically (via a gym lol) but also through blogging. I kind of fell off the planet only posting occasionally. Its time to get aggressive with this journey and the best way I have found to do that is by sharing the journey with others. I have also joined a site that I hope will give me opportunities to try products that will fall in line with living a healthy lifestyle. I will only share products and reviews for things I can stand behind and if I haven't I will look to others to give me their opinions on whether its something worth giving a whirl.

If you are reading this...bless you. I know its been a long time but I am pleased to know that someone is still taking the time to peep in on me.

No comments: